StephenHawking

New Hard Drive Help

Ok so I have a problem with my pc. I have two drives in my computer. I just installed a second one because the first one is full. But the second one I cant use for some reason. Some people have told me to try formatting it but it will not let me. I will try to post pictures here. I just really need help. When I try to format it, I get "This drive is in use. Another program of process is using this drive. Do you want to format it anyway?"

I click Start and I then proceed to get " Windows can not format this drive. Quit any disk utilites or any other programs that are using this drive, and make sure that no windows are displaying contents of this drive. Then try formatting again.

Please help...

I have no idea how to do any of that.

Get windows onto a CD or flash drive then get into the boot menu, launch the windows setup from the CD/flash drive and select the hardrive you wish to install windows on. Just look it up online, really.

Get windows onto a CD or flash drive then get into the boot menu, launch the windows setup from the CD/flash drive and select the hardrive you wish to install windows on. Just look it up online, really.

I dont think thats gonna solve his issue. Plus he already has it the way it should be: If the OS is isolated make it on the smaller drive and have everything else on the larger one. It makes life a little bit easier and theres no point as keeping the smaller drive as the misc. drive. Stephen you should use a software like CrystalDisk to scan your harddrive for faults or bad sectors. Also please list your specs.